From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommendation for protection of a LabVIEW built application

Hi all

I was hoping that someone out there could give me some advice on protecting a LabVIEW built application (the application runs on an operator interface for TestStand and call LabVIEW written modules).

Any advice on what products work best with TestStand and LabVIEW written applications?
Would you recommend a hardware or software implementation? (the application is a specialized application and realistically will be sold to a reasonably small number of vendors, should this influence our chose of SW v HW protection implementation.?)
Do NI provide any software protection products or will we need to work with a 3rd party’s implementation?

This area is somewhere I have very little experience in so any advice that you could provide would be much appreciated.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

T.I.A

Declan
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,551 Views)
Hi Declan,
when security is an issue, I use hardware keys to protect my applications. I chose the Rainbow Sentinel Superpro keys, check the link for details: http://www.safenet-inc.com .
They also provide some LV examples to handle the key's features.
I consider it quite a good solution, with a couple of drawbacks: the key is an extra cost; an evident protection device might be considered a lack of trust by some customers.
Ask if you need more informations,
Alberto
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,526 Views)
Hi Alberto

Thanks a lot for you response. It looks like we will go for the Sentinel Superpro keys option for protection. I have added another post outlining in more detail my specific application, if you have a chance could you have a quick look (its under labVIEW general titled "software pretection"). In you experiance do you think the Sentinel Superpro keys would work well in our case. Any futher input will help our confidence in forking out the cash for the Sentinel Superpro development kit.

Thanks again for you input

Dec
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,478 Views)