From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive changeable Frame by using XNET database

Hello,

i'm using XNET to write and read frame from/to the bus to communicate with our device. To use the HW timing i'm using the queued session mode with cyclic timing. For sending the frame cyclically there's no problem. But when i receive the problem i get peoblem: before i've received the frame, i don't exactly know the received frame ID and the frame ist sometimes not always the same, and if i understand correctly, the frame ID for both sending and receiving must be determined in the XNET database. so in this case how can i use the queued session or HW timing?

Thx a lot

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,805 Views)

I think you might want the Stream for reading instead of Queued.  Queued is for a finite list of frames you plan on reading.  Stream is just for getting all frames since the last read regardess of what they are.

BTW you may find more support on the Automotive subforum.

http://forums.ni.com/t5/Automotive-and-Embedded-Networks/bd-p/30

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,770 Views)

thanks very much. For my application i need to use the HW timing, but the stream dosen't allow it. Is there any way to use both frame stream and cyclic timing?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,733 Views)

@mexaviesta wrote:

thanks very much. For my application i need to use the HW timing, but the stream dosen't allow it. Is there any way to use both frame stream and cyclic timing?

Streaming for read uses hardware buffering, timing isn't really a main concern.  You do know you can open multiple read, and multiple write sessions right?  And if you open a Write Queued, you can open a Read Stream?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,702 Views)