From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real time analog waveform output

Hi, I am building a labview program that, given a digital input trigger, starts a program that loops and outputs an analog waveform. Attached is the current version of my program (from LabView 8.5.. it's what I have). Everything seems to work except that I don't quite know how to properly set up the output waveform. I found a "sine waveform type", but I don't know how to change, say, it's sampling rate, frequency, amplitude, phase, etc. I would ideally like to set the waveform to 25 Hz, -10 to +10 volts, with a total time of 20 seconds and a sampling rate of 1 ms and then output that to the proper channel. I tried using the "set waveform" function but that didn't like getting the "sine type" waveform as input. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated. Also I realize my program is likely not the most elegant of solutions to my problem, since I am very very new to LabView, so any other additional tips would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. I have also attached a screenshot of my block diagram incase people can't open the old version.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,597 Views)

Do you have DAQmx installed? All of your VIs are showing as missing?!

Take a look at the Voltage - HW-Timed Single Point Output example in the LabVIEW example finder.

I believe it does almost exactly what you have described - allows you to set up a digital input trigger and then output a sine wave of a specified amplitude/frequency.

LabVIEW Champion, CLA, CLED, CTD
(blog)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,565 Views)