LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Real-Time Waveform Acquisition and Logging Sample Project

Hi

The "Real-Time Waveform Acquisition and Logging" Sample Project says that is can run in DAQ devices. Is this possible to do with a cDAQ 9172 device which is a USB based device ? If yes, how I can insert the cDAQ in the Project Explorer list, in the same way the example shows with the PXI target. Noting here that I can't see the IP adress in  NI MAX as happens with other rt targets.

And a second question, can I use a cRIO device to run the above example wihtout using of course the FPGA that cRIO has.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,031 Views)

Hi,

The cDAQ 9172 doesn't have any real time functionality however the cRIO does, so you should be able to run this project using that. Thhere is a good video that explains how to use the RT portion of the cRIO here:

http://www.ni.com/webcast/1246/en/

If you don't want to use the FPGA part of the cRIO then you need to use the scan engine toa ccess the I/O's. I've added a description of what the scan engine does.

"The Scan Interface mode enables you to use C Series modules directly from LabVIEW Real-Time.
Modules that you use in Scan Interface mode appear directly under the Chassis item in the Project
Explorer window and I/O channels appear as I/O variables under the modules. To use I/O variables,
you drag and drop them to LabVIEW Real-Time VIs.
In Scan Interface mode, you do not need to do any LabVIEW FPGA development or program
communication between FPGA and Host VIs. You also do not need to wait for VIs to be compiled
to the FPGA before deploying and running them. In Scan Interface mode, LabVIEW programs the
FPGA on the CompactRIO target to work with the variables."

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,994 Views)

Can you give the examples "Labview Real-time Waveform Acquisition and Logging (NI-DAQmx) Sample Project" for me ?I can't fide it ,Please!Very Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,750 Views)