From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading voltage and converting to pressure for Omegedyne Transducer

I'm attempting to install and read pressure from an Omegadyne PX01S1-30KG5T pressure transducer. I am trying to provide excitation by wiring the inputs in parallel to 3 channels of a NI-9269, with each channel set to continuously output 9 Vdc. Transducer outputs are connected to cDAQ via a single channel of a NI-9215 (differential connections), which should be able to read +/- 10 volts. However the voltages I am able to read in MAX are negative, hovering around -40 mV when it should be reading zero. I haven't been able to determine why this is happening. The cable type I am using to connect the transducer is a CA-6TE24-3-015, if that is helpful, wiring code 3 in the linked pdf: http://www.omega.com/Pressure/pdf/CA_SERIES.pdf

I am attempting to scale to a pressure reading by setting the up the NI-9215 input channel as a task in MAX as described in the following thread: https://forums.ni.com/t5/forums/v3_1/forumtopicpage/board-id/170/thread-id/831441/page/1

Manufacturer specifies that this transducer requires an excitation voltage of 24-30 volts (calibration checked at 28 Vdc) and outputs 0-5 Vdc that equates to 0-30,000 psig pressure. The scale I have set up uses a slope of 6000 and Y-intercept of 0. This part to me seems pretty straightforward, and I expect will work once the underlying voltage issue is sorted out. 

Anyone ever run into something like this before? Very new to LabVIEW, so I'm fumbling my way through this to be sure. Thanks in advance!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,905 Views)

Without looking it up by myself 😉

How does the complete wiering/connections  looks like (schematic? needed anyway ;))?

Have you checked the power consumption?

What is the voltage at the sensor while powered ?

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,867 Views)