cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading multiples data files individually

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi there,

I made a program that writes Spectrometer Data into multiple .lvm files.

They are saved in the same folder with sequential names like "file_001.lvm", "file_002.lvm", "file_003.lvm", "file_004.lvm"...

I am using the "List Folder.vi" to list them all and want to read them individually and to choose them while the program is still running. I expected that I could use a control (like a slide) on the Front Panel to do so, setting it to 1 to read "file_001.lvm" and setting it to 10 to read "file_010.lvm", and so on.

Is there a way to do so? I need a light on how to do it.

This control should modify the filename to be read by the "Read Measurement File Express", but I don't know how to do it yet.

I was thinking the name has a "base" that is "file_" and I only needed to modify the rest of it so I can choose between files. Am I right?

Thanks in advance,

Liepo

PS: I'm sending my program as it is and a folder with the files. It reads the files sequentially and then stops. I want to be able to control which file it reads instead of this automatic iteration.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(3,115 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Liepo

You probably want to do something like this:

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(3,107 Views)

I would populate a List Control with the file names and let the user select which item to look at from that.  Play around with properties from the list control.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(3,105 Views)

Thank you very much,

I think this will do, could you post the VI?

I'm using labview 2012,

Liepo

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(3,067 Views)

I think it's fairly simple and it would help you to try to reproduce it yourself. I'll still be around if you have some trouble.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(3,041 Views)

Thanks Manu,

I managed to do it, and it really was pretty simple. It was good to learn in the process. (:

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,958 Views)

You're welcome. I'm glad it helped!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,950 Views)