LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading data over tcp/ip network

Hi

I have a control network and I log my database using citadel, in MAX 4.7 (LABVIEW8.2.1).

My weird situation is: I can read the data in one client, but in another client I can't.

To be more specific: In the 2nd client the relevant folder is shown for several minutes and disappears afterwards

Anyone has an idea what's wrong?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,413 Views)

You provide very little information to diagnose your problem. What do you mean by "the relevant folder is shown for several minutes"? Shown where? And disappears how? Disappears from where?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,395 Views)

Hi and thanks for your reply!

I use citadel database engine.

In the software I can define folders of data.

I create the folders in my server.

I have about 15 clients of this database.

When you open MAX in the client PC you can follow data from the network driver.

My data is separated to folders by date. (Every 6 months I open a new one)

Recently I have opened a new folder in the DB. In one client I cannot find the new folder, only the old ones.

Unfortunately I can't attach any screenshots of the problem.

Thanks,

Yakir.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,362 Views)

You are giving us the equalivant of "Doctor it hurts, what's wrong?". With so little infomation it is impossible to give you any advice or suggest and fixes.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,342 Views)

I really don't understand where is the lack of info in relation to other posts.

I have a PCs network, one is gathering data and save it in a citadel DB, the second is capable of reading the data from the DB and the third does not..

That's my case and I wanted to consult with anyone who had something similar

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,320 Views)

@yakir wrote:

I really don't understand where is the lack of info in relation to other posts.

I have a PCs network, one is gathering data and save it in a citadel DB, the second is capable of reading the data from the DB and the third does not..

That's my case and I wanted to consult with anyone who had something similar

And what does the code look like? You are not giving us enough information to help you. Without seeing the code one can only guess at what is happening and chances are we will guess wrong. Do you call your car mechanic over the phone and say "my car is making a funny noise" and expect him to know what the problem is without seeing the car itself. You are doing just that. Yes you have a network. Good for you. Yes, one computer works and once does not. Beyond that very limited information you have not given us any information. Are the computers the same? Same OS, same configuration, same network, same security settings? How are you connecting to the DB? Which toolkit are you using? How did you implement it in your code. See, these are all pieces of information that will help to solve your problem. You if you are relucant to give us any meanigful information I doubt you will get the answers you are looking for.

Mark Yedinak
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"Does anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours?"
Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald - Gordon Lightfoot
Message 6 of 6
(2,315 Views)