cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading data from a text file in LabVIEW FPGA

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I was wondering whether there is a way I can read file from a text in LabVIEW FPGA. I managed to configure how to read file from the host end as shown in the attached VI. Anyone with an idea of how I can handle this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(4,811 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Benvalet

Hi Opuk,

whether there is a way I can read file from a text in LabVIEW FPGA.

Don't wonder: there is NO way…

You need to read the file either in your host PC or in the RT host. Then transfer the read data to your FPGA using direct control access or FIFOs - as is shown in the example VIs…

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
Message 2 of 11
(4,789 Views)

GerdW,

Thanks so much for your prompt response. Let me try and use the method suggested.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(4,777 Views)

Gerdw,

Finally I figured out how I could read the data directly in LabVIEW FPGA but not from a text file. I have actually used Look-up table to solve my problem and the thing now works pretty well.

Thanks a lot for helping out.

Kind Regards,

Opuk

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(4,658 Views)

Hello Dear,

I am very new to LabVIEW i want to send the boolean data from excel file to the DIO port of DAQ 7831R that contains FPGA. Also if i connect directly the output of matlab to the Connector port FPGA there is error of datatype that the sink is FPGA I/O type.

How can i change this the boolean data to this type in labview fpga or if this not how to send the boolean data from excel file to the FPGA I/O port of DAQ board

can you please help me in this regard

THanks

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(4,614 Views)

Use a DMA FIFO to send the data from the host to the FPGA.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(4,610 Views)

Thank you 

i am trying to send the digital output from mathscript to DAQ 7831R board. So for this i have created a simple vi in that i have generated the digital data and i have created the FIFO in labview fpga module with boolean datatype. Is this way to go is correct or not?? 

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(4,583 Views)

Sounds like you are on the right track.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(4,573 Views)

Dear Sir,

Please see the attached file.

I am doing like this using mathscript 

but here i just took a simple example but its showing the error.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(4,555 Views)

Hey,Can you share details ow you used look up table in labview FPGA environment

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(1,874 Views)