LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading bytes with NI X-Net

Hey guys,

I'm working on a project using the CompactDAQ platform and plan on using the cDAQ 9134.

The problem I'm facing right now is that I have to communicate with my device using CANopen, but the CompactDAQ System only supports CAN.

After studying the NI X-NET Hardware and Software Manual I am still unsure of whether or not it would be possible.

One of my ideas was to use use the 'Raw Frame Format' to write the bytes more or less manually and directly in CANopen frame format.

Another thought was to convert the frames to signals and use a driver to 'switch' between CAN and CANopen.

I'm new to LabVIEW and unsure if this is even the right way to think about it, so I'm open for any suggestions and help on how to establish the communicaton between the controller and my device.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,305 Views)

HI,

did you see this?

What CANopen Software is Available and What Hardware is Compatible with National Instruments Products? - National Instruments
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/13C3CB1148A2AEA4862579DB0066E66B

What HW do you use except the cDAQ 9134?

Best,

Anna

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,243 Views)

see also this

Anna Vogl
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,238 Views)

Thanks for your reply.

I have already seen the page of your first link, unfortunately it doesn't help me because it states which hardware is compatible with CANopen or refers to different systems.

I need to know how to establish a communicaton between X-NET and CANopen.

I'm planning on using the CAN port of the controller chassis and in addition I'm using 2 analog input modules and one digital I/O module ( NI 9244, NI 9247, NI 9375).

Your second link helped me, but I have to admit that I don't understand why they are reading/sending CAN Frames if they want to use CANopen. Could you explain that part to me?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,185 Views)