From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading and Ploting MIT BIH ECG data

Hey there....

I've got MIT BIH ECG data in .dat format with the help of matlab, I need to read and disply this as a wave in LV.
This ECG data is of 11 bit wide(peak amplitude 1100 decimal) and number of samples can be adjusted(1024 or more) ...  300 samples may contains a peak and so on..

I need to make a platform for this to show ECG..and Process(later), how can I do this?, I just started with LV,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 15
(6,084 Views)

You can try Read from binary file and read an array of U16's, that'd be my guess at how it's actually saved. Else you'll have to do alot of bit shifting to just get 11 bits at a time and assuming was 11 bit writes. That'll be a hurdle, so try the easy version first. 🙂

/Y

G# - Award winning reference based OOP for LV, for free! - Qestit VIPM GitHub

Qestit Systems
Certified-LabVIEW-Developer
Message 2 of 15
(6,074 Views)

Do you have any examples for doing this ?,

please have a look at my data format.

I've attached my data files here as a .txt file ....

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 15
(6,060 Views)

Is the actual data file (with the .dat extension) a text file like you posted?  If so you can use Read from Spreadsheet File.vi with the data type set to string. Then convert the output string array to an array of integers using Scan Value with a %b format string.

Lynn

read binary text file.png

Message 4 of 15
(6,041 Views)

The actual value is Array of integers, I changed it to binary.

Also I need to plot it in wave form palette., I just started working with LV so these things seems a ltl tough for me..

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 15
(6,015 Views)

If you dont mind please give me the .vi file ...

F Joe

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 15
(6,007 Views)

If your data is an array of integers, you can change the display mode to binary without converting the data. After all, the data in the computer's memory is ultimately binary.  Changing the display does not have any effect on the representation of the data in memory.

Now, How is the data actually stored in the original data files? Binary or text? If binary, exactly what format?

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 15
(5,990 Views)

The ECG samples I  obtained from MIT BIH data base with Matlab. It is like an array of double(

)

I converted this into Binary in matlab and copy pasted in to a text file.....

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 15
(5,974 Views)

I  tried read from spreadsheet.vi seen in the examples, I am able to read but, waveform disply is important for me...

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 15
(5,972 Views)

Wire a True constant to the Transpose? input of the second Read from Spreadsheet File.vi.  This will convert the column to a row and everything will work fine.

Lynn

transpose.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 15
(5,958 Views)