From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Numeric Control Array Variable Names

Hello, this should be an easy question but I can't seem to figure it out.  

I have an array of numeric controls.  I want to take this array and read out each numeric control variable name and then create a new array with all the numeric controls variable names.  Is there an easy way to do this with either a for loop with a property node or an invoke node?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,083 Views)

Your question doesn't make sense. Each element of an array has the same name. Do you actually have a cluster, and not an array? Can you share code or a screenshot demonstrating what you have?

EDIT: Do you actually have an array of references to numeric controls, rather than array of numeric controls?

Message 2 of 8
(3,075 Views)

You're right I made a mistake in my original question.  What I am trying to do is create an array of the front panel control names that I select.  When I say name I mean the name the control was assigned by me.  

What is the most efficient way of doing this?  Do I need to create a reference for each control?  I eventually want to use these names that are in the array and use them as my file headers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,067 Views)

@hobby1 wrote:

You're right I made a mistake in my original question.  What I am trying to do is create an array of the front panel control names that I select.  When I say name I mean the name the control was assigned by me.  

What is the most efficient way of doing this?  

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Its in vi.lib the hidden gems toolkit puts it on a exposed functions pallete

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(3,055 Views)

Thanks Jeff.  Where can I find the "Find Obj By Label" sub VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,038 Views)

With the help window.  There is a feature to show full paths and optional terminals.

Capture.PNG

That would be why I sent it as a snipet

Message 6 of 8
(3,032 Views)

That makes sense.  I was actually looking on how I can get the "hidden gems toolkit."

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,023 Views)

Tools>>Find LabVIEW Addons will launch the VIPM package finder

Message 8 of 8
(3,013 Views)