LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Numeric Control Array Variable Names

Hello, this should be an easy question but I can't seem to figure it out.  

I have an array of numeric controls.  I want to take this array and read out each numeric control variable name and then create a new array with all the numeric controls variable names.  Is there an easy way to do this with either a for loop with a property node or an invoke node?

Thanks so much!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,087 Views)

Your question doesn't make sense. Each element of an array has the same name. Do you actually have a cluster, and not an array? Can you share code or a screenshot demonstrating what you have?

EDIT: Do you actually have an array of references to numeric controls, rather than array of numeric controls?

Message 2 of 8
(3,079 Views)

You're right I made a mistake in my original question.  What I am trying to do is create an array of the front panel control names that I select.  When I say name I mean the name the control was assigned by me.  

What is the most efficient way of doing this?  Do I need to create a reference for each control?  I eventually want to use these names that are in the array and use them as my file headers.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,071 Views)

@hobby1 wrote:

You're right I made a mistake in my original question.  What I am trying to do is create an array of the front panel control names that I select.  When I say name I mean the name the control was assigned by me.  

What is the most efficient way of doing this?  

Thanks!

Capture.PNG

Its in vi.lib the hidden gems toolkit puts it on a exposed functions pallete

"Should be" isn't "Is" -Jay
Message 4 of 8
(3,059 Views)

Thanks Jeff.  Where can I find the "Find Obj By Label" sub VI?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,042 Views)

With the help window.  There is a feature to show full paths and optional terminals.

Capture.PNG

That would be why I sent it as a snipet

Message 6 of 8
(3,036 Views)

That makes sense.  I was actually looking on how I can get the "hidden gems toolkit."

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,027 Views)

Tools>>Find LabVIEW Addons will launch the VIPM package finder

Message 8 of 8
(3,017 Views)