LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Max/Min/Avg with labview from agilent 34401a

Hi,

I'm using Labview drivers I've downloaded from the ni.com website to control an agilent 34401A digital multimeter.  All I'm trying to do right now is read min/max/avg measurements after putting the device into a DC current mode, configuring it for min/max measurements, and then pausing for a couple seconds.  The program successfully puts the multimeter into the correct modes, but always returns 0 for each measurement.  Could you take a look at the program to see if you find a simple mistake on my part? It should be attached to this message.  Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,007 Views)

I don't have the instrument or manual handy but is it possible that the instrument is waiting for a series of trigger to actually take a series of measurements. do you see the display changing? You can try setting a breakpoint at the min/max function and manually trigger the instrument to see if that makes a difference. Also, you don't need the sequence structure at all. Most of the time, sequence structures just serve to make your programs harder to read and debug. Use dataflow for controlling execution order like in the picture I've attached.

Message Edited by Dennis Knutson on 07-07-2006 02:51 PM

Message 2 of 2
(2,999 Views)