LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Data from Oscilloscope into LabVIEW

Hi all,

I have a LeCroy WaveAce 214 Oscilloscope and I want to data from it (voltages) into LabVIEW. I have done so looking around and there are no LabVIEW drivers for these models that are a little bit older, but they do come with there own software that can read the waveform and read the data. So what I would like to do is take the data in using one some of there software like WaveStudio and save it to the computer, and then read it into an array in LabVIEW. I would like to do this quickly though so I'm taking and reading data every couple seconds and filling an array with it. Has anyone ever tried this? or does anyone have any suggestoins about trying this?

Any thoughts would be great!

Thanks,

also using LV 2013

Message 1 of 4
(4,162 Views)

Edit: My apologies if you have already looked at these. But I've had luck using an older driver on a newer machine if you want to do some tweaking. The following link will send you back to NI's LeCroy driver page. You have a lot of choices. Something should work.

About half way down this page there is a link for LabVIEW drivers.

PaulG.

LabVIEW versions 5.0 - 2020

“All programmers are optimists”
― Frederick P. Brooks Jr.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,160 Views)

If nothing else, it should be hard to create your own drivers.  You just need to know what commands to send.  There should be a programmer's manual somewhere for your scope.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,128 Views)
See http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/Labview-driver-for-LeCroy-WaveAce-oscilloscope/m-p/1064279/highlight...

The driver available for download is for 1000 and 2000 series as noted in the thread. That's probably a better option than trying to read files that the scope creates. It's writing and your reading are going to be asynchronous so you will have to deal with incomplete records and file position/characters read unless you read the entire file each time.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,094 Views)