LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Data as Graph in LabView

Hi,

I am using LabView 2015 version. again here what I have done the attached documents, I know have to read discussion forums but sometimes I found out it not exactly similar case as the one Im facing. I have such huge Data for solar station on excell now I read it on LabView as in graph format, I need help or an approval on the result I got since I hardly know LabView. Thank you!

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,146 Views)

Please, save the VI for LV2014

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,118 Views)

Snippet is better, than 2014. I am still in 2011.

One correction. You do not read in graph format. First you read _data_ then display them on a graph. It is easier to localize the problem if it is formulated correcly.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,105 Views)

What exactly do you want LabVIEW to do with this Excel file?

All you have in your VI is the read measurement file express VI and a graph primitive.

What columns do you want graphed? 

Making a static graph of data in Excel takes a few seconds, why not just do that?

Or do you really want live data that is graphed as it is logged with a history so you can see what is currently happening?

========================
=== Engineer Ambiguously ===
========================
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(4,100 Views)

This is OP's code. Simple.

Read Meas.png

What approval are you looking for here. Look up some examples of how to read from measurement files and/or how to graph data and you'll be fine.

Here's the help file related to your express VI. At the bottom it lists a couple of examples to check out.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(4,089 Views)

Does Read from measurement file work with xlsx data in LV 2015?

It is packed format, it is not text xls file.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(4,077 Views)

Oh yeah, good point. You can't read an xlxs file just like this. You need to either use the Report Generation Toolkit or an third party add-on.

Excel file IS NOT EQUAL TO spreadsheet measurement file.

Save the excel file as a CSV or some spreadsheet format so that it looks like a plain table and then read that in.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(4,064 Views)

@Sylv01 wrote:

Hi,

I am using LabView 2015 version. again here what I have done the attached documents, I know have to read discussion forums but sometimes I found out it not exactly similar case as the one Im facing. I have such huge Data for solar station on excell now I read it on LabView as in graph format, I need help or an approval on the result I got since I hardly know LabView. Thank you!

What you try to do, does not make too much sense. You cannot use a "Read From Measurement File" Express VI to read a native Excel file. Moreover, what is the data you would like to plot? I can see at least 11 data columns in this Excel file, which could be as Y-values beside the time stamp columns (date and time).

You need to use ActiveX in order to read native Excel files. Also, I think the "Report generation toolkit" can do this, if you have it:

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-3033

Other option is to convert the xlsx file to comma separated text file (csv) using Excel (save as csv (DOS) file), and then read it with File functions in LV. After you got all the lines as string, you have to parse out the info you need. You have to convert the time stamps to LabVIEW time stamps, and other numerical data to double data types. After all these, you can graph what you want...

Vry 2014-01_mod_BD.png

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(4,053 Views)

Here is a snippet, you save it and drag&drop it into your block diagram. I also advise you to learn some LV from the available tutorials, see details on the top right corner of this forum!

(do not forget to convert the xlsx file into csv using Excel)

Vry 2014-01_mod.png

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(4,028 Views)