From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading Cluster Index in For Loop without converting to array

Hello,

I am trying to write a program that uses 2 clusters. The first cluster is boolean data type and contains the items on the front panel. The second boolean cluster contains the data information of different data types. I am trying to index each element, line by line in a for loop to allow the program to perform an action. For the first cluster, I am converting it to an array. For the second cluster, I cannot convert it directly to an array, because of the data type mismatch. My question is, how do I index the information contained in the 2nd cluster element? I tried playing with the property nodes, but was not sure how to proceed. Thanks for any feedback!

I've included the VI and screenshots of the block + front panel.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,990 Views)

Hello,

What action are you planning to perform on the elements of the 2nd cluster?

You could use the Controls[] prperty of the cluster, index the array of references, and use property/method to perform certain actions. Since the references are generic you cannot perform all actions unless you typecast them.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,962 Views)

Hi, 

To read a cluster which contains different data types as pacificsaid you can use Controls[] to read cluster elements lables etc but value you cant read so you can use reference. I have done that in your VI.Pls check it and let me know is that you are looking for.

Regards

Gita

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,950 Views)