LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reading 0x00 in binary file as space 0x20

Solved!
Go to solution
Here is a zip folder with the binary file. Thanks for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 20
(3,177 Views)
Solution
Accepted by Nick_A1

OK, this file does have nulls and LabVIEW has no problems reading it. There is no problem.

Message Edited by altenbach on 11-13-2008 04:48 PM
Message 12 of 20
(3,156 Views)
OK, I think it's working. Thanks a lot for your help. Was it behaving differently because I was using build array instead of just dumping the data directly to an array? Or because my count was different?
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 20
(3,136 Views)
No, the "built array" or "count" do not change the data. Most likely you had two files with similar names and mixed them up. 😄
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 20
(3,130 Views)
I am having similar problem. When reading binary stream the 0x00 is interpreted as 0x20 (space)? Any ideas?
0 Kudos
Message 15 of 20
(2,940 Views)
Are you sure you have nulls? As the discussion indicated, the user had a file that actually had spaces, not nulls, so LabVIEW was working correctly. Do you have a file that you can upload?
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 20
(2,924 Views)

What is happening is I think is matter of representation of binary characters into a text editor. After conversion to ASCII I think it is OK.

Thank you for your help anyway!

Salud!

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 20
(2,905 Views)
Why are you converting to ASCII? There should be no need for that. If you want to open the file then I suggest using a Hex Editor or Notepad++. Notepad++ has a Hex Editor plug-in.
0 Kudos
Message 18 of 20
(2,895 Views)

I am receiving the stream of binary data from my remote instrument and I have to convert to ASCII in order to visualise them...work with the data....

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 20
(2,886 Views)

TinoMK wrote:

... and I have to convert to ASCII in order to visualise them...work with the data....

This does not make sense.

• To visualize binary data, simply set the string indicator to hex display.
  • Working with binary data is also much easier and efficient.
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 20
(2,869 Views)