From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read the data of txt file and run the motor follow that position like 3d printer

Could you help me check the below code to me , this code have just been worked for 2D file (X ,Y axis) , but I want to change it  can be worked for 3D file  . This file have already been read the text file and move the motor follow that position . I have already checked this file with 2D file , It is also working but when i add more than 1 axis and use the 3d text file data . It can't be work. Can you explain to me for that ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,471 Views)

The above file belong to it file

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,450 Views)

Are you encountering any kinds of errors when you try to use a 3D file instead? If you just need the code to read from a file and perform the associated motion, you can generate a VI from motion assistant to do that. There might be more changes that have to be made to the code to handle 3 dimensions instead of two, but they aren't immediately obvious.

Eden K
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,411 Views)

Hi Eden K

I have already tried it , The first one , the machine also working but after 3 -4 second ,  Two motor ran too fast and hit to the limit position . and I want to make a application for my machine like 3d printer than use the  NI motion assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,401 Views)

This is my link video , I had already explained all of my program . 

Thank you in advance , I hope someone can help me to fix that , this is my important problem . I searched some ways to fix that . And According to me , I heard we can use PID to control the ON - OFF relay , because I thought my problem was related to the time running of the loop so that can't be catch the exactly the specific position (that's overwhelmed the point ),  but I never tried that before. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,160 Views)

This is my link video , I had already explained all of my program . 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnMkTM8xRr0&t=90s

I hope someone can help me to fix that , this is my important problem . I searched some ways to fix that . because I want to change the ON-OFF value of relay but it's not change the ON-OFF relay when the program have already run. And according to me , I heard we can use PID to control the ON - OFF relay , because I thought my problem was related to the time running of the loop so that can't be catch the exactly the specific position (that's overwhelmed the point ),  but I never tried that before. 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,138 Views)

Hi,

I'm sorry, I really don't know what your question is. Is your question about the error that you got at the end of the video? Or something about the code not changing the relay?

It would really help if you could narrow down the code to a small example to show the issue that you are encountering.

EDIT: Actually, I just realized that this forum post is in the general LabVIEW forum. Please create a new forum post in the motion control forums, as you'll receive more attention from people who may actually work with motion hardware & software.

Regards,

Regards,

Michael Whitten
Senior RF Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,111 Views)

Thanks for your support , I will create a new topic in motion control forum , But Do you have any solution in my program . It's mean I want to compare 2 of value position each other to change the boolean value . 

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,100 Views)