From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read text in pdf files

Are the paths you are using correct?  Is the exe where I had it?

Also the contents are put into a HTML file you must then parse, you will not get the PDF contents in the output.

0 Kudos
Message 21 of 32
(2,419 Views)

Yes, I double-checked the paths for the PDF file I am trying to convert and the executable file to ensure they were both correct.

Per your second statement, where/how do i find/see the converted pdf-text information? I am relatively new to labview but I am trying to learn as quick as possible as I go on.

0 Kudos
Message 22 of 32
(2,414 Views)

The code takes the loaded filepath and makes an HTML file at the same path.   See the Appended path indicator. 

You can also attach your VI to look at if that is easier.

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 32
(2,409 Views)

Oh, now I follow. Yes, I did check the folder (which is the same as that of the PDF file) to see if a .html file was created, but it was not.

The snippets i sent are just a portion of my VI, so it is not a simple VI I may have sent. If you have your VI, please can you send it? I will make the necessary updates to the file name(s) and run them to see if it yours works on my end.

0 Kudos
Message 24 of 32
(2,401 Views)

You have to select the path to the BIN for the PDF extract and the PDF file

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 32
(2,395 Views)

Hi Evan

Apologies for the delayed response. I tried your test VI and it works like I want it to. Thanks a lot for the help!

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 32
(2,365 Views)

Evan,

I am trying the same to extract text from PDF...I think I am missing the step on 'installing' the PDFBox tools, but I don't see an install program nor procedures in the documents for installing the PDFBox download...

I am simply trying to run everything from the PDFBox\Bin directory which has all the dll's.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Regards

Jack Hamilton

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 32
(2,262 Views)

I don't think I ever ran an installer.  I am just calling the exe directly, so place the exe where you want and call that path.  It converts the PDF to a html file, and then I parsed the HTML.

It has been awhile... what are you running into?

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 32
(2,223 Views)

Evan,

It throws a bunch of "Can't find" errors...I am on Win7 and even dumped all the dll's and PDF's in the same folder....

Jack

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 32
(2,208 Views)

Can you attach a simple example that shows the errors?

If you look at my test VI it simply calls the EXE... I do not directly interact with any of the dlls.

0 Kudos
Message 30 of 32
(2,202 Views)