From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read datas from table

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry I can understand.One more question.

Is there any underlying frameformat in VISA for serial transmission??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 71 of 189
(608 Views)

That is a senseless question. There is of course formatting associated with serial transmission and you have been using it - baud rate, parity, data bits, etc. What do you think those parameters are? Have you done any basic research on RS-232 communication.

0 Kudos
Message 72 of 189
(596 Views)

Danil,

Have you taken any of the LabVIEW tutorials?

I would have thought after posted more than 200 times on the forums, you would have learned something from the responses about basic LabVIEW.  As Rolf just said, you don't seem to be reading any of the responses you get.  He told you about the \code display back in messge #45 of this thread.  Yet you don't seem to remember that!

0 Kudos
Message 73 of 189
(587 Views)

Did a wide search in rs232 communication and VISA.I strongly believe I can learn the thing(but little by littleSmiley Wink ).Sorry for asking stupid questions.

I did VISA reading and writing as shown in the attached VIs(write continuously.vi & update continuously.vi).I would like to ask,how can we make it possible to read using VISA if the array values are changing continuously,that is in the form as shown in changing array.vi??

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 74 of 189
(569 Views)

Hi danil,

again a basic question that can be solved after reading the basics/introductory course for LabVIEW...

You have one VI to generate some array data. You have a second VI to send those data to the serial port. Now you ask how to combine them?

Well, I would use the first VI as a subVI in the second - after deleting the (main) loop of the subVI-to-be...

Did you ever notice that "cleanup" button in the BD menu? It really helps on your little VIs...

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 75 of 189
(563 Views)

You have one VI to generate some array data. You have a second VI to send those data to the serial port. Now you ask how to combine them?

Well, I would use the first VI as a subVI in the second - after deleting the (main) loop of the subVI-to-be...

Instead of the fixed array in the write continuously.vi we have to use an array whose values are changing.If we remove the loop of the sub-vi,(that is loop of                   changing array.vi)how the values in the array get change?

0 Kudos
Message 76 of 189
(579 Views)

Hi danil,

they change, because you call the subVI several times in your mainVI before sending those changing values...

The loop has to be in the mainVI!

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 77 of 189
(573 Views)

I made the sub-VI as shown in the attached VI.It is not working.Is there any changes that we have to make with VISAwrite??

0 Kudos
Message 78 of 189
(569 Views)

Hi danil,

there is no change in your attachment...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 79 of 189
(565 Views)

sorry,see the attachment

0 Kudos
Message 80 of 189
(557 Views)