From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read datas from table

Solved!
Go to solution

OK, so;

Table takes as input "2D array of strings". The output of the "VISA read" function is "string". You cannot easily change the "VISA read" VI, but you can make a function, that transposes the output string or "read string" from a known format into 2D array of strings.

Look at my example.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 189
(803 Views)

Sorry, I can't open this example because Iam using LabVIEW version 2009.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 189
(799 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 189
(794 Views)

Thank you verymuch for your help.While running the vi the table is getting populated with values.Yes.Now I have to indicate those values in a device(eg:-thermometer if they are temperature values) in another vi.Through serial port readind can we do that??Please reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 189
(792 Views)

Sorry, I do not understand. Try to reformulate the question better or ask someone with better english to help you to translate. Remember, that noone here has any knowledge of your problem, so anything you dont tell us we dont know.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 189
(788 Views)

Hello! Iam running the vi that you have attached.(simulator.vi).My question is can we display that value change in another vi containing an analog device.I mean,your table populates with values param1:123.,param2:1234..like that.Suppose those values are temperature values can we display them in a thermometer in another vi???

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 189
(798 Views)

If I take it right, you want to send some data, through some interface into some analog device ?

Like this ?

block diag.png

Or you just want to display those data in some other way in some other VI (no analog device just other type of indicator) ?

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 189
(794 Views)

Here is the source code for case scenario 2.

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 189
(786 Views)

Hi Bublina,

Thanx for your reply.I want to display the reading in an analog device in another vi.I viewed the vi that you have attached(set of thermometers) you are right.But now we have no hardware with us.My PM asked to use serial port reading.Is it possible?

one more question,how we will interface the simulator with the vi with set of thermometers?

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 189
(775 Views)

In the block diagram that you have designed,the interface between PC and A/D(USB,Ethernet etc:-).Can we use serial port reading?

0 Kudos
Message 20 of 189
(766 Views)