From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read datas from table

Solved!
Go to solution

In the below attached example:Is it possible to read from the table and display the values in read string box.Please reply.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks as kudos only:)
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 189
(3,608 Views)

Hi danil,

why don't you stick with your original thread(s)?

Your VI is very unclear and doesn't match with the question "Is it possible to read from the table and display the values in read string box."

- Yes, it's possible to read from that table.

- Yes, it's possible to display values in the read string box.

- No, it doesn't make any sense to do so!

- Your table is just an indicator. You already have all the values available somewhere else. So why read from the table? Read the original control (or shift register) of the interesting value(s)!

- Your "read string" is a display for data read from the serial port. No, it makes no sense to use that string indicator to display other data than that read from that port!!! Why do you want to misuse that string indicator?

Best regards,
GerdW

using LV2016/2019/2021 on Win10/11+cRIO, TestStand2016/2019
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 189
(3,606 Views)

OK.So, using that vi can I populate the table??Is it meaningful then?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 189
(3,599 Views)

Hi danil,

"So, using that vi can I populate the table??"

Yes, I think so...

"Is it meaningful then?"

As i don't know anything about those values or your serial communication I cannot decide on the meaning of those values. How can I then answer such a question?

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 189
(3,596 Views)

How to populate that table by reading datas from an external device??

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 189
(3,592 Views)

Hi danil,

it seems you're not the programmer of the attached VI. Why don't you ask them?

To "populate that table by reading datas from an external device" you have to take the "read string", analyze it's content to take over the contained values to the different controls (spped, current, temp, and so on) and then call the "Add" event. This will populate your table with values from the serial port...

Best regards,
GerdW

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 189
(3,570 Views)

Hi,

Iam doing this one as the part of my study.So nobody has given us the datas.So from your comments I have understand that first of all datas will appear in the 'read string' box then only we can populate the table.Is'nt it?? If no device is available,Can I perform a loopback test?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 189
(3,552 Views)

Hi,

Don't think that Iam interfering with another question.In the example 'serial 2 port reading' in labview2009(below attached).Can we read a table instead of a string??If yes what changes are to be make there??

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 189
(3,540 Views)

I can see a very little sense in this thread.

Danil33, you should first state, what is your project supposed to do.

To your "loopback test" question.

You are asking for program solution, that is possible. However, your program architecture is very simple and doesn't allow you to do this easily.

You should communicate with HW (serial line) in other while loop and use some synchronization structure to co-op with your GUI loop.

Take a look at State machine and controlling parallel loops.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 189
(3,524 Views)

My question is 'Can we read a table instead of a string??'(table with rows and columns with strings and integers as entries.)Hope you saw the 'read string' box.I have no external devices connected.So I want that table to act as a simulator.Hope you can understand!

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 189
(3,515 Views)