LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read current plot range

Solved!
Go to solution

It's easy enough to read the default Y Scale plot range for any plot of a stacked chart, but this property doesn't appear to follow the currently applied range (EX: Manually zoomed or manually entered in an axis during execution).  What property stores the current Y scale settings then (Autoscale, min, max, etc)?

Thanks,

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,134 Views)

There is a YScale sub-menu when browsing for properties. This includes the Range maximum, minimum, etc.The auto-scale property is in the form of "YScale.ScaleFit".

These properties do change when the user zooms, or manually types in to the ranges.

Try this out:

AutoScale.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,130 Views)

check this vi it will help you friend

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author xl600

If you have stacked plots, you need to write to the Active Y Scale property to read the scale information for that specific plot.

AutoScale.png

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,102 Views)

Thanks, that was the thing I was missing.  I have another VI which was changing the active Y axis in an event that I didn't spot.  It was changing it back to defaults for that axis (Based on a global set of axis settings).

XL600

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,093 Views)

No problem. The whole Active Plot thing always seemed to bite me in the butt for a while until I got in the habit of checking for it. Sometimes I wish that the properties would have an array input/output option as well.

Cheers

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,084 Views)