cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read columns from text file

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am trying to write a program that allows a user to open a file, skip the first 4 header lines, retrieve 3 columns of data (time, strain, and machine on/off), and analyze this data by calling a separate function.

My main issue is I don't know how to extract specific columns of data while also skipping the first lines of the text file.

Thank you so much for any help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,434 Views)

EDIT: I no longer need to skip the header, but I am still struggling to extract the column data. I am using "Read Delimited Spreadsheet (Double)" with a delimiter of \t, but only one column is extracting.

Here is what I have (please excuse the quality, I am VERY new to LV)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,406 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kallechas21

You have wired up a string constant with a "space" character in it for the delimiter. Try deleting it so the default of a tab is used.

Message 3 of 5
(4,393 Views)

Hope the delimiter value should be provided as same as the column separation in the text file,

provide proper delimiter value and check, still if you are not able to debug attach the text file also for reference.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Palanivel Thiruvenkadam | பழனிவேல் திருவெங்கடம்
LabVIEW™ Champion |Certified LabVIEW™ Architect |Certified TestStand Developer

Kidlin's Law -If you can write the problem down clearly then the matter is half solved.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,378 Views)

Thank you! I did not realize tab was the default.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,347 Views)