LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read and write from spreadhseet vi

Hello all. I am having trouble with my vi. I am using the Read from Spreadsheet VI, and when i use the file box on the front panel to select the file I wish to read, I get a return of error 7, file not found. This is confusing because the file does exist, and is saved on my desktop. how can I fix this issue? I am saving the file as a tab deliminated text file.

Here are some images of the VI.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 13
(3,060 Views)

Could you check the file permissions?  It's probably a Windows issue, not Labview. 

aputman
------------------
Heads up! NI has moved LabVIEW to a mandatory SaaS subscription policy, along with a big price increase. Make your voice heard.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 13
(3,049 Views)

This is what I have in the permissions properties. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 13
(3,042 Views)

How did you enter the filename in the control?  Did you type it in?  Are you sure you didn't mistype it, perhaps an extra space or something somewhere?  Try using the browse button.

Are you sure you don't have the file open somewhere else?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 13
(3,026 Views)

I used the browse button to open the file. And it is not open. 

Still getting same error. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 13
(3,011 Views)

Pictures of Error Messages are nowhere near as helpful (to us, trying to help you) as the LabVIEW code (no pictures, please, only files ending in ".vi").  With the code, we can examine it, test it, maybe even fix it ...

Bob Schor

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 13
(3,003 Views)

Throttle.txt is the input

Data.txt is the write file

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 13
(2,997 Views)

Where are you running this VI?

You say you have the files on your desktop.

But those two path controls point to ni-rt:\   ....... and files of different names than what you attached.

Those paths are NOT your desktop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 13
(2,992 Views)

Yes. The attached VI does not have the files i want in the boxes. The files in the boxes no longer exist and were left over from a previous working group on the project. 

The files I want are attached, are saved on my desktop, and i select them with the brows button in the front panel. 

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 13
(2,989 Views)

When I clear out your VI because I don't have all of your FPGA file, and clear out your loops and queues, I'm left with just the file paths and Spreadsheet file functions.  I put your files on my desktop and pointed the file path controls to them.  It runs just fine for me.

One thing that concerns me is that you have what looks like a state machine in the one loop, but you are relying on some local variables to determine what the next state is.  Something just doesn't seem right about that.

But the file paths and the read/write functions work just fine for me when I strip out all the code that gets in the way of me running it.

I suggest you do the same.  Strip away almost all code just leaving you with the basics that are causing the problem.  See if that works for you and troubleshoot that if it doesn't.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 13
(2,984 Views)