LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read and Display an Excel Sheet

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello LabVIEW community.  I am going through a bumnch of ActiveX subVIs trying to figure out how to do something very simple.  All I want to do is read an entire Excel Sheet and display it in an array.  Single Page.  Any help would be hot.

Message 1 of 5
(2,706 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

Hello LabVIEW community.  I am going through a bumnch of ActiveX subVIs trying to figure out how to do something very simple.  All I want to do is read an entire Excel Sheet and display it in an array.  Single Page.  Any help would be hot.

Try this:

How Can I Read Excel Data Into LabVIEW?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,694 Views)

Is it possible to program this example to simply read all the columns and rows until it comes across like maybe 3 repetitive empty cells instead of having to specify which which row/column to end at?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,674 Views)

@DailyDose wrote:

Is it possible to program this example to simply read all the columns and rows until it comes across like maybe 3 repetitive empty cells instead of having to specify which which row/column to end at?

Sure. Give it a shot and let us know how you solved it.

Cameron

To err is human, but to really foul it up requires a computer.
The optimist believes we are in the best of all possible worlds - the pessimist fears this is true.
Profanity is the one language all programmers know best.
An expert is someone who has made all the possible mistakes.

To learn something about LabVIEW at no extra cost, work the online LabVIEW tutorial(s):

LabVIEW Unit 1 - Getting Started</ a>
Learn to Use LabVIEW with MyDAQ</ a>
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,665 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author DailyDose

@camerond wrote:

@DailyDose wrote:

Sure. Give it a shot and let us know how you solved it.

Cameron

You're right!  It was possible.  Use For loops and check to see when empty cells begin to repeat.  I named it GetXL_CellValues_2D_String_All.vi

I made mine though very dependent on my excel sheet.  It's easy to make it excel sheet independent.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,637 Views)