LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read a PFI Line in LV2009?

Solved!
Go to solution

Are there any VIs (2009) that will allow you to access the value on the PFI Lines direct??  See what they are?  The customer wired up the PFI lines to read a logic level under certain conditions.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,459 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,458 Views)

Its the NI PXI 6723..PN 778998-01.  Couldn't find any where it said what series.

To save time:

I'm trying to read the PFI1 line as if it were a digital input.  The customer, for what ever reason, hooked up the PFI lines as if you could read off of them.. 

They want me to "expect : logic high @6723 PFI.1"

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,452 Views)

Looks to me the PFI lines are only used for the counter function and triggering.  There are 8 DIO on that card.  Maybe you could get them to use one of those.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,448 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author clint100

clint100,

I think there is some nomenclature mixup, let me give you my perspective to see if that clears things up.

While you cannot "read" the PFI line, it can use some event on that line to trigger or sample (see the link a couple posts up) to do something, which you might be "expecting".  I can also see why you would want to read or poll the line to control the flow of your code, if you were on a microcontroller or FPGA you'd be correct.  The DAQmx or Traditional DAQ driver is more abstract than that and will want to take this input as a trigger, or sample clock.

That being said, there are a bagillion examples in the example finder to help you configure that.  Alternatively, I could be completely wrong interpreting the sentence you put in your post, either way, good luck!

Dustin D

Message 5 of 5
(2,443 Views)