LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read-Write ABF-Files

That link is to a web site that is not in English - I can't read any of it.

You can upload abf files and other information to this forum. Click the "Add Attachments" link that appears below the "Post" and "Cancel" buttons. This will display a standard web file upload control. If the forum software complains because of the file extension, then simply place the files into a zip archive.

_Pavel_ wrote:
Dear 

You misunderstood my comment. I was not belittling you or making fun of you. I was pointing out that if the files you uploaded were an indication of your level of experience with LabVIEW, then trying to write a binary file read/write program from scratch using a format that's not really well known could be difficult, and it may be easier to simply try to not reinvent the wheel by trying to use a library that (apparently) already does what you're trying to do. I still don't understand what the problem was with trying to use the DLL. 

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 30
(3,283 Views)

Thanks!

I should convert the data in half precision and form cluster options in case of work with dll. If I work with bytes it is enough to write some parameters in know byte and write the data in half accuracy.

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 30
(3,267 Views)
Example of program read ABF-file.
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 30
(3,264 Views)
It looks like a fairly well-documented library, and I'm sure it can be called from LabVIEW. However, may I suggest an alternative solution? By Googling "ABF File Reader" I found (as the very first hit) a Matlab script that uses an executable to convert the ABF files into simple text files. Now, you don't actually need the Matlab code. All that's needed is the DLL and executable in the archive. When you run the executable with an ABF file two text files get generated. The first appears to be the header, and the second appears to be the data. The executable can easily be called using System Exec, and you can read the data file using the Read From Spreadsheet File VI. For instance, with the ABF file that you uploaded, it generated the two text files I'm attaching. Does this look correct?
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 30
(3,255 Views)

Yes, it's correct. As write srikrishnaNF before, we can download here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5979 program which reading abf-files.

I'm interesting write abf-files, but MatLab can't solve this problem. And this problem can be solve with dll-library, or recognize how data write in abf-files on 2-byte float and write new data on this rule and change a little parameters in header abf-file.

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 30
(3,250 Views)

Hi _pavel_,

Actually if you go through abfhelp.chm,the header details of all it are mentioned.Say for example if you want to read  IFILESignature(File ID and Size Information) of that abf file,as mentioned in fileoffset,set the file pointer and read the data(type may be short ,long)using read from binary file function.I could read the header of that abf file.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 30
(3,228 Views)

_Pavel_ wrote:

Yes, it's correct. As write srikrishnaNF before, we can download here http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/epd/p/id/5979 program which reading abf-files.

I'm interesting write abf-files, but MatLab can't solve this problem. And this problem can be solve with dll-library, or recognize how data write in abf-files on 2-byte float and write new data on this rule and change a little parameters in header abf-file.

Sorry, forgot that you're trying to write ABF files. I didn't look at the spec in detail, but it clearly indicates that it does not use 2-byte floats. The "

nDataFormat" element of the header indicates that 0 = 2-byte integer, and 1 = IEEE 4-byte float. Your file has "nDataFormat" = 0, so you should be reading/writing 2-byte integers. My guess is that they are scaled values.

0 Kudos
Message 17 of 30
(3,223 Views)

Hello!

I'm solve this problem!

Later I will publicate LabView code.

Big thanks! 

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 30
(3,215 Views)

Hi _pavel_,

Please publish the code  soon.

Thanks and regards,

srikrishnaNF

Regards,
Srikrishna

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 30
(3,203 Views)
Read-Write two or four channels ABF-files with LabView.
Download All
0 Kudos
Message 20 of 30
(2,960 Views)