cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Status of PXI trigger Bus/Lines in a PXI System

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello Everyone,

I'am developing an application in which one of the cards inserted in the PXI chassis will send a trigger signal on the PXI trigger line 0 of bus 1, while another card on a different slot is waiting for the trigger on the specified trigger line. Both these cards are third party cards (Non NI)  which support triggering through its drivers and are inserted in the slots that comes under the chosen trigger bus range.( My chassis has 3 trigger buses). It seems my second card is not receiving the trigger. So i'm not sure whether my first card is actually generating a trigger on the specified line.  So i would like to know whether there exists any technique to monitor the states of trigger lines in labview, so that i can check whether triggering is actually occuring or not.

Note: since the cards are third party, I have reserved PXI trigger line 0 in NI MAX settings for my chassis.

Awaiting prompt response. Smiley Very Happy

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Waiting For the inner calling 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,343 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author djac91
Oscilloscope? Connect an unused input to the trigger signal?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
Message 2 of 6
(4,207 Views)
PS: who makes the hardware you are using?

Mike...

Certified Professional Instructor
Certified LabVIEW Architect
LabVIEW Champion

"... after all, He's not a tame lion..."

For help with grief and grieving.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,205 Views)

PXI cards used are MIL 1553B cards from Avionics Interface Technologies.http://aviftech.com/products/mil-std-1553/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,847 Views)

Hello,

will it work if i use daqmx 'connect terminals. vi' and set source as pxi trg 0 and destination as a PFI line on one of my pxi cards and then connect a CRO to the pfi line. can i monitor the trigger signal using this method?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,739 Views)

For some PXI chassis, the trigger lines need to be routed across the PCI bridges in the backplane. Are you sure your chassis does not have any breaks in the trigger lines? See the picture for an example.

Cheers,

mcduff

GX76xxUG.png

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,730 Views)