From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read Modbus device counter

Solved!
Go to solution

I am working with an ADAM6052 unit to try and interface it with LabView through modbus. Getting the DI/O to function was no problem.  

The unit has a built in pulse counter that I would like to use, problem is I can’t figure out how to reset it, start it or stop it.  I have tried using the codes specified in the help document but it seems to want to read register 17 as the DI7 counter.  So reading the counter it works but not in the way outlined by the help document.

If anybody has experience with this it would be a great help.

Thanks
TK

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,858 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Taylor.Kendall

I solved this one by myself, the only thing I have yet to solve is the ability to read the counter status (if a DI is counting or not) of all 8 inputs at once.  For anybody who is interested attached is the library that I have created to send and revive commands to an ADAM 6052 unit.  This is a rough draft but I have seen other people looking for similar code. 

Enjoy

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,784 Views)