LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read MatrixCode using .NET or dll

Hello.

I'm trying to decode a Picture (get it from WebCam) matrix code using the .net module in labview ???

I'm using LabView, but the licence for vision package is too expensive and I'm going to put this Sequence in 4 testers.

At this time, I already have the VI to get the Picture from any USB-WebCam using AForge .net library

I can provide the Picture as a file or an array of numbers (24-bit pixmap from "Unflatten Pixmap" VI in Labview .

I annexed a picture taken from one of the USB-Cameras

Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,553 Views)

Do any body has a diffrent .dll, .net, or VI to decode MatrixCode for free? (without Vision system.)

here more pictures

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,461 Views)

Hello Luis,

Thanks for using the NI forums! There are several 3rd party programs that you can use for that purpose only that supports ActiveX (DataMatrix, Moda Barcode Reader). But some of them aren't free either, if your purpose in the near future is to decode matrix bar codes only its ok to use these kind of software and call them via ActiveX within LabVIEW but if you plan to develop more complex projects and applications that involve vision and analysis then I strongly recommend you the Vision Module, its more cost - benefit and it will allow you to focus in you real target and spend less time in software development.

Hope you find this information useful!

Luis C.

National Instruments

Ingeniería de Aplicaciones

www.ni.com/soporte

Luis CT
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,436 Views)

Thank you, 

I'm going to use just to read Matrix and Bar code (still we can use scanners), the cost to use Vision Modelue is too high to use it just for this,

I been evaluating to buy the Vision Run time but it's to expensive for all my machines (unless 6 stations for now), 

I already have the Vsion Development package, 

Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(5,433 Views)

DataMatrix Decode Done!!!

Using Freeware DLLs...

PD, Need to Download and Install "AForge.NET Framework-2.2.5.exe" before run the VI's.

http://www.aforgenet.com/framework/downloads.html

please read the "ReadMe---- Please ----.txt" file

Thank you all.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,377 Views)

@LuisE_C wrote:

Hello Luis,

Thanks for using the NI forums! There are several 3rd party programs that you can use for that purpose only that supports ActiveX (DataMatrix, Moda Barcode Reader)...

Does the barcode reader you mentioned is free to use program? If not, do you have any suggestion for a free .net barcode recognition dll?

Grasp all, lost all!
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,264 Views)
Yes it is free...
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(5,261 Views)

pennharris 이(가) 작성함:

@LuisE_C wrote:

Hello Luis,

Thanks for using the NI forums! There are several 3rd party programs that you can use for that purpose only that supports ActiveX (DataMatrix, Moda Barcode Reader)...

Does the barcode reader you mentioned is free to use program? If not, do you have any suggestion for a free .net barcode recognition dll?

This freeware dll only support DataMatrix, other 2d barcodes is not supported?

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(5,187 Views)

to decode the picture, VI is using the Zxing.dll, you can modify the of decode if double click the "BarcodeReader" Constructor, there is many options (one is "MultiFormatReader")

you can go zxing.org to get the latest version and maybe you can find more information.

I just make this because I'm using just 2D codes.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(5,185 Views)

Hi, 

Iam having this error and not the camera taking the picture

VKLV19_0-1643300572505.png

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(2,204 Views)