LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read MS Excel file into Labview

I have MS Excel file with 5 columns (6000 points each)
How to read this into Labview... I would like to have 2D DBL array 5*6000...
I could transfer Excel data into Notepad file and read with Labview...
But how to do this without transfering into Notepad...
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 16
(3,441 Views)
If you wish to read data from excel, you will need either have to save your file to a txt file (by using the Save As option in excel), use the report generation toolkit if you have it, or use activex commands.
Here is a link to an activex example which will do what you want with some mods.
http://sine.ni.com/apps/we/niepd_web_display.display_epd4?p_guid=F2A5979F588B6643E0340003BA230ECF

Hope this helps.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 16
(3,426 Views)
The file does not work :
The property node has one or more invalid properties or uninitialized property items.
One or more required inputs to this function are not wired or are wired incorrectly. Show the Context Help window to see what the connections to this function should be.

Do you have a correct file?
Thank you
labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 16
(3,392 Views)
I attach errors
labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 16
(3,377 Views)
ActiveX allows you to control functionalities of different programs from your own program. The problem is that Microsoft change the functions available for office between different versions, so if you open something that was written on a PC with one version of office in another PC with a different version, the code will break, because it can't find the right function. Open the Example Finder (Help>>Find Examples) and search for Excel or ActiveX. There should be a few examples there which will work.

(3,368 Views)
Ok but errors are not corresponding to a problem of version, its bad linking and invalid properties.. The programm can't be launched.. if it's a problem of excel version it will not appear this ind of error.
Secondly There is no example programm to read excel files but only write... I have difficulties to convert the "write programm" to a "read programm"...
Edit: I have excel 2002 Sp2 labview 7.0 on win2000 pro

Message Edited by ramiral on 04-07-2005 07:08 AM

labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 16
(3,365 Views)
Is someone has something that can help me to read values from excel please?
labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 16
(3,337 Views)
The problem was with the version of excel. I also have excel 2002 and the example was broken. I had to replace Value with Value2 and to replace the "Open" Invoke node and then the example was fine. Like I said, MS change the methods and properties between office versions and so the property "value", which would have been found if you had the right office version installed, wasn't found and the VI was broken.
In the same LLB where the example excel files can be found (\LabVIEW 7.0\examples\comm\ExcelExamples.llb) You can find a VI called "Get Cells Value" which does the opposite of "Set Cells Value" which is in the examples. The only difference is that the "Value" property was changed to write and that unflatten from variant was added.
Also, please have some patience. It may take some time before people see your answer or have time to answer it.

Sorry, I know that I'm not very patient...
labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 16
(3,323 Views)
I will try but I have not "get cell value" but only "set cell value"
labview 7.0
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 16
(3,319 Views)