LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read LabVIEW Measurement File VI Multiple Times

I Get Error 4 When Calling the Read LabVIEW Measurement File VI Multiple Times. I've searched and found a paper on this issue. http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/0576444C8FD4DC0F86256E83007FA540
So I have a question: Is there a way to fix this to I can still Calling the Read LabVIEW Measurement File VI Multiple Times?
Thank you.Error 4.jpg

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,279 Views)

The paper you linked makes it very clear. The Read File Express VI cannot do what you want.  Either use the low level File VIs and functions or open the front panel of the Express VI and then modify it to do what you want. Most likely the Express VI uses the low level file functions internally, but it may have a lot of extra code to handle special cases. It is probably easier to use the low level functions and you learn how to use them.  

Look at the Examples under Fundamentals >> File Input and Output. Something there may do most of what you want and even if it does not, the exampels will help you learn how to use the file resources in LV.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,259 Views)

If you don't close the file, you cannot open it again.  Either open it once and read it multiple times or open it, read it and close it.

Why are you doing this in an event structure?

Doug

"My only wish is that I am capable of learning each and every day until my last breath."
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,250 Views)