From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read JPEG File gives error in normal user mode

Hi,

I have Installed Labview 6.1 and Labview 7.1 In my system. I am using Read JPEG File.vi (labview 7.1) to read the image file. The VI behaves differently when I login into my system (windows XP) as user and differently when I login as Administrator. When I login as user and provide the path of the jpeg file (70kb) it trough’s an error code 1.where as same thing works fine when I login as Administrator. For small Jpeg files (3-20kb) it works fine in both the login. I am attaching the VI and the some jpeg files for your reference.

If I uninstall labview 6.1 and labview 7.1 and just install labview 7.1 in the system the Read JPEG File.vi works fine for both logins and for all JPEG Files.

Since the client is using both Labview 6.1 and labview 7.1.I need to solve the issue when both versions are present.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
sathyendra N
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,492 Views)
your attachment didn't make it.
When doing a post preview attachments are lost (you have to relink them)

Ton
Free Code Capture Tool! Version 2.1.3 with comments, web-upload, back-save and snippets!
Nederlandse LabVIEW user groep www.lvug.nl
My LabVIEW Ideas

LabVIEW, programming like it should be!
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(3,490 Views)

Hi Satyendra,

Guess the atttachments did not make it through

Are LabVIEW 6.1 and 7.1 installed in different drives on the system??

Does this occur irrespective of the location of the *. jpeg file that you want to read?, or does it occur only when you read this file from certain locations??

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,486 Views)
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Hi,

I have Installed Labview 6.1 and Labview 7.1 In my system. I am using Read JPEG File.vi (labview 7.1) to read the image file. The VI behaves differently when I login into my system (windows XP) as user and differently when I login as Administrator. When I login as user and provide the path of the jpeg file (70kb) it trough’s an error code 1.where as same thing works fine when I login as Administrator. For small Jpeg files (3-20kb) it works fine in both the login. I am attaching the VI and the some jpeg files for your reference.

If I uninstall labview 6.1 and labview 7.1 and just install labview 7.1 in the system the Read JPEG File.vi works fine for both logins and for all JPEG Files.

Since the client is using both Labview 6.1 and labview 7.1.I need to solve the issue when both versions are present.Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
sathyendra N
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 10
(3,484 Views)

hi devchander ,

Labview 6.1 and 7.1 installed in the same drive c:.

It occurs for most jpeg files irrespective of the file location.

Regards,

sathyendra N

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,482 Views)
Just see if installing them on different drives solves this problem
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,480 Views)
I have tried that its not working since i have install labview 6.1 first then labview 7.1.
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,478 Views)
Hi N sathyendra,

I hope you're doing well.  It's not quite clear why having both of these versions of LabVIEW on the same machine would cause problems related to opening files without administrator rights, but maybe we can narrow things down a bit.  You say that some files seem to work correctly for both log ins, and they tend to be small .jpg files.  Is there exact criteria to which files will open with both logins?  You say generally small .jpg files work.  Have you found if there is a limit in size where this causes a problem?  Does using any other picture file format change this behavior?  Let us know what you find.  I imagine that finding the details of these symptoms might point us to what the root of the problem is.

Thaison V
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,458 Views)

Hi Thaison,

Thanks for your response

Since My client is running some other application which is in Labview 6.1 and he doesn't want to alter anything in that so we are using both the versions on same Machine.some files mean which is less than 30k but i am not sure.In Administrator login all jpeg files open without any issues.In my sample jpeg file the 75KB-FILE.jpeg and 87KB-FILE.jpeg doesn't open in Local login.If you need any other clarification please let me know.

Regards,

sathyendra N

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,450 Views)
Hello,

If the behavior does not occur for every JPEG file, but only some, it stands to reason that the ones that cause the problem are in a directory with slightly different permissions than the ones that work.  You can test this by logging in as Admin, modifying the folder permissions so all users have full control, then trying to access the JPEG again when logged in as a user.
Cheers,

Matt Pollock
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,434 Views)