LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read From Spreadsheet File.vi in windows 7

Hi,

I use Read From Spreadsheet File.vi in windows 7 to read a table, but when it executes, i get a dialogue box asking for the filename, (The box is properly wired to the path).

However, when i execute exactly the same programme in windows Xp it works with no problem.

¿Any known issues with this vi and xindows 7?

I am using labview 8.6.

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,935 Views)

No, there are no known issues with LV and Windows 7 in regard to "Read Spreadsheet File".

What is your path? Are you sure that this path control is populated (so no empty path) in Windows 7?

hope this helps,

Norbert

Norbert
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CEO: What exactly is stopping us from doing this?
Expert: Geometry
Marketing Manager: Just ignore it.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,920 Views)

My guess is that you're trying to use a path that exists in XP, but not Windows 7. Windows 7 changed the location of certain directories. You're probably using a hard-coded path to something like C:\Documents and Settings\..., which no longer exists in Windows 7.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,910 Views)

I am using a relative path as shown in the figure, files are user1.xls user2.xls .... they all exist.

I have build the program and instaled on other xp machine, it works. Then installed in a win 7 machine and is not working.

Maybe there is a problem with ..\..\?

Any other way to go to a parent folder not using ..\ ?

Thanks for you help

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,895 Views)

You can use the strip path function which removes one level of the hierarchy each time you use it.  It is next to Build Path on the File I/O palette.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,886 Views)

@Raúlmd wrote:

I am using a relative path as shown in the figure, files are user1.xls user2.xls .... they all exist.

I have build the program and instaled on other xp machine, it works. Then installed in a win 7 machine and is not working.

The files may exist, but what's important is the actual path that the Read From Spreadsheet File is receiving. Have you put a probe on there? Try it. Put probes along the way and you will see where the problem is. And, as Ravens Fan pointed out, use the path functions to create paths, not string functions.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,883 Views)