From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: CLD and Actor Framework

Solved!
Go to solution

Helo gentleman...

i was try to work  with actor framework in labview .starting purpose i go through a study by a video that illustrates sine wave generating vi with a xcontrol waveform chart .there i made all the things adviced in the video but i cant get the output in vi named test.vi can anyone help me to solve this...advance thankzz..

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(2,925 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mohamedtanveej17

Hi,

Your problem is that you are wiring an object wire to a chart object.

You are probably going to want to read through OOP a litte bit more, this simply wont work.

If you want to read the string from your sin.vi you need to access the string control from that object, by using your read string.vi from number flow class and then output to a string indicator.  Take a look at the image attached.

Hope that made sense

-Matt
Message 2 of 7
(2,911 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author mohamedtanveej17

If your post title means you practice for a CLD exam, I tell you that an Actor Framework is just an overkill! Keep it simple! Almost all CLD exam scenarios can be done with a single loop state machine, and proper documentation. So if your interest is practicing for exam, I bring to your attention this specific forum board:

https://forums.ni.com/t5/Certification/bd-p/Certification

At this forum board you can get dedicated help, and reading other's posts you can learn a lot before taking the exam...

Good luck!

Message 3 of 7
(2,898 Views)

thanq for the response.. wollee

i understand what you told but now another problem was happened .

i was opened that same compressed file that i sent it to you.

but the vi named test.vi was seemed different than i made , and it's block diagram was locked with a password that i don't know how it is happen and can you help me to solve this..

@Wolleee wrote:

Hi,

Your problem is that you are wiring an object wire to a chart object.

You are probably going to want to read through OOP a litte bit more, this simply wont work.

If you want to read the string from your sin.vi you need to access the string control from that object, by using your read string.vi from number flow class and then output to a string indicator.  Take a look at the image attached.

Hope that made sense

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(2,816 Views)

I would try to just attach a .zip of your project again. I'm not sure if it is that files were missing from what you attached but I couldn't find any place that you were launching any of your actors or where you were sending your actors messages.

Matt J | National Instruments | CLA
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(2,787 Views)

helo sir,

anyways i created everything new and try to work with my way as i done before ,there was the same problem,afterwards i was done like that urs suggestion in that picture and it gives output but i was not needed that because i was in need of sin.vi work with my xcontrol chart and plse help me to solve this....advance thanks and i was attached my new code here

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(2,767 Views)

To be honest im not sure that you fully understand how the actor framework works and what its used for. You enqueue a message class, just to dequeue it and destory the queue, unnecessary.   Then you use the write value vi and send that object as a message.  I just really feel you dont quite understand AF yet. If you havent yet, i suggest going through some of the tutorials.  Ive attached a link to a simple one.

AF Tutorial

-Matt
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(2,731 Views)