cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ranger 3D

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi!

Is there anyone else who has already developed application to Ranger 3D (used Ranger Toolkit for Labview?)

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(3,840 Views)

When I tried to download from here I get "RangerToolkit 2.0 Installer.zip could not be saved, because the source file could not be read.

Try again later, or contact the server administrator"

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,784 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author D60

Dear Durnek,

Please find the following link which could be helpful in accessing/ receiving documentation for Sick Ranger 3D camera, as well as support for drivers, and integration with LabVIEW.

http://www.sick.co.uk/sickivp/0/en.html

Emil

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,760 Views)

Thank you very much both of you!

---
+++ In God we believe, in Trance we Trust +++
[Hungary]
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,750 Views)

Durnek,

Were you able to successfully launch a SICK Ranger Labview App? I am looking to develop an app using the Ranger but am currently having a problem reading some DLL file from the registry key.... not sure why. I am trying to run the Ranger Toolkit examples that SICK provides for Labview.

I'm using LV 2010.

-Chris

Chris Walker
Certified Labview Developer
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,634 Views)

Hello,

I have found a solution for the problem when the Ranger Toolkit example can not find the dll path.

The SICKIVP_RangerToolkit.lvlib:CheckDllPath.vi had an invalid dll path for my System (Windows 7 64bit) and therefore should read the regestry to get the correct path but in my case the VI couldn't read the registry and therefore couldn't get the correct path.

The Solution:

Either you change the Global Variable "g_pathDll" to the correct path: "C:\Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2011\user.lib\SICKIVPLibrary\_iConLibrary\icon_c_40.dll".

Or you chanage the Security input of the  "Registry:Open key" VI to KEY_READ.

Both solutions worked for me.

Hopefully i can help someone.

Message 6 of 8
(3,342 Views)

Hey guys, 

I know this is quite an old post dated back to 2012, but it seems as though you have had success in running a SICK Ranger camera using the toolkit in LabVIEW.

I currently am trying to develop an application for the Ranger E camera using the toolkit, and even developing code for a simple grab, or running an example with the toolkit gives me an error 400226: Framegrabber is empty and the wait has expired (due to timeout or external wake-up)".

Have you ever seen this before and had a workaround? 

Thanks.

Kind Regards,

Hans T.
CLD
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,032 Views)

Dear jinfonetang,
I have noticed you have already stared new discussion about your problem. Interested users please find new topic at ICK Ranger Camera Toolkit - Cannot see Image on indicator .
Yours sincerely,

JedP

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,958 Views)