LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTX Realtime

Hello,

I am working on an application using cRIO 9012 I am trying to install Labview Real Time Module (RTX and ETS) 8.2, but the installation stops and asks for RTX Realtime 6.1 or later. From what I have seen at Venturcom Web site, there is the need to purchase a license in order to use RTX Realtime 6.1 with LabView.What I would like to know is if it is completely necessary to use RTX Realtime to develop applications for the cRIO. Is there a free option for RTX Realtime? Thanks in advance. 

Best Regards,

Nico

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,255 Views)

You do not need RTX real-time to program any CompactRIO.  

RTX real-time is a Real-Time eXtension that enabled LabVIEW users to run a "real-time" application in a high-priority thread within a general purpose operating system, like Windows.  Essentially, it enabled deterministic control applications on a Windows machine.

Technically, you don't use ETS real-time for most CompactRIO applications either, unless you are using a cRIO 9002 or 9004.  All CompactRIO controllers starting with the cRIO-9012 use VxWorks RTOS.  I don't believe the LabVIEW 8.2 RT Module installer calls out separate support for VxWorks.  If you install the LabVIEW RT ETS installer though (and LabVIEW FPGA, and NI-RIO driver), you should be set to start developing for your cRIO-9012.

Regards, 

Spex
National Instruments

To the pessimist, the glass is half empty; to the optimist, the glass is half full; to the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be has a 2x safety factor...
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,243 Views)