LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RTSI synchronisation between two cameras

Hi all,

I am trying to setup a two camera system for image correlation purposes. My aim is that Camera1 and Camera2 capture the images in a synchronised way (closest position in time as possible).

Each camera is connected to a PCI-1428 board, the two PCI-1428 boards are linked via a RTSI cable. I do not have any kind of external trigger.

In MAX the PCI-1428 boards does not appear in the NI-DAQmx section but in the NI-IMAQ section. Both camera are configured with : Trigger mode=Random Shutter and Exposure Time = 20000us.

First, do you know if what I am trying to achieve is possible with this hardware ?

I have written a VI (see attached) inspired from various forum posts I could find but the aquisition fails with the error "NI-IMAQ did not received all expected video data withing timeout period".

Could someone help me with that ?

Thanks a lot.

Selim

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,602 Views)

Hi Selim

My name is Mitchell from National Instruments Technical Support, and I'd be happy to assist you.

There are a couple of possible reasons why you are seeing that message:

1. The camera is not connected and powered
2. The latest IMAQ drivers are not installed
3. The proper camera file in Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) was not selected
4. Make sure to set appropriate parameters for your camera through MAX. For example, adjust the video mode, frame size, and timeout values
5. Try to snap and grab in MAX before you try this through any programming.

Also, what is the model of the camera you are using?

Regards,

Mitch

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,538 Views)