LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT vi no need for stopping functionality?

Solved!
Go to solution

Just a kind of general question regarding to RT target applications. As I see we do not need a stop functionality programmed on the RT side. Proper error handling for sure. But i cannot see any scenario why we would like to stop RT apps? If we need to change the app, we can deploy a new one. If the system needs a shutdown, it can be done physically. Since i am just at the start of my learning curve for LV RT, i am asking for the common practices.... Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,639 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk
My RT VIs usually have a stop button on the front panel so I can stop them while running in the development environment, and I haven't seen a reason to take out the stop button when I build an application. I don't include any way to stop it without the front panel, though.
Message 2 of 3
(2,631 Views)

I also typically just have a stop button on the front panel to be able to stop the application while in development.  I have also had an application where I needed to have the capability to just restart the controller where the stop capability was also used.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,596 Views)