From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT vi no need for stopping functionality?

Solved!
Go to solution

Just a kind of general question regarding to RT target applications. As I see we do not need a stop functionality programmed on the RT side. Proper error handling for sure. But i cannot see any scenario why we would like to stop RT apps? If we need to change the app, we can deploy a new one. If the system needs a shutdown, it can be done physically. Since i am just at the start of my learning curve for LV RT, i am asking for the common practices.... Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,637 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Blokk
My RT VIs usually have a stop button on the front panel so I can stop them while running in the development environment, and I haven't seen a reason to take out the stop button when I build an application. I don't include any way to stop it without the front panel, though.
Message 2 of 3
(2,629 Views)

I also typically just have a stop button on the front panel to be able to stop the application while in development.  I have also had an application where I needed to have the capability to just restart the controller where the stop capability was also used.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,594 Views)