LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT execution target

Hi,

I am working on a PXI with NI 8176 controller and 7030-6040E multifunction DAQ. While using labview 7.0, I was able to download applications onto the RT target and deploy them. I could just choose the RT target from the "execution target" listbox that appears upon starting labview. Recently I upgraded the labview to 7.1 and I no longer see the RT execution target in that listbox. I am thinking that this must be something very simple and requires some setup through MAX but I just cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Prakash K
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,875 Views)
Hello,

What is happening is that LabVIEW RT 7.1 is not installed. The LabVIEW RT is a module that needs have the same version as LabVIEW. If you had LabVIEW 7.0 and LabVIEW RT 7.0 and then upgraded LabVIEW to 7.1, you need to also upgrade LabVIEW RT to 7.1. If you already have LabVIEW RT 7.1 installed it again, because you might have installed LabVIEW RT before LabVIEW and it has to be in the other order. First LabVIEW and then LabVIEW RT.
Hope this helps.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(4,852 Views)
Ricardo,

Thanks for your help. I have installed labview RT 7.1 as well but labview 7.1 still cannot target the DAQ. Labview 7.1 did not overwrite labview 7.0 and so I am still able to start labview 7.0. I am able to target applications to the DAQ from labview 7.0. I am thinking maybe the labview RT 7.1 is not designed to work with the PXI-7030/6040E DAQ. Can you please confirm if that is the case?

Thanks,
Prakash K
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,839 Views)
Hello Prakash,

As you are saying, the PCI/PXI7030 is not supported in LV 7.1. I am sorry I didn't notice that yesterday but I had understood that you were not able to the drop down list for the select target option. It was my mistake.
Please read the following document about the PXI 7030 because you might have problems later with LV 7.0 if you still want to use it.
Installing LabVIEW 7.1 Will Remove Support for the PCI-7030 and PXI-7030 RT Controller
Hope this helps.

Ricardo S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,830 Views)