LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT - cRIO Console Output - Custom Output / System Message?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

A cRIO has a console output that sends out the system messages letting the user know what's running, or if there are any system errors. This can be viewed through a browser or by connecting a monitor the the cRIO. See attached screenshot of the output in my browser.

Is there any way to programmitcally send messages to this screen? cRIOs don't have a user interface other than this, so it would be nice if the application could send messages to this screen for debugging/status information.

Thank you,

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,658 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author James.M

Good Evening James,

We do in fact have this functionality. You can use the Debug String function to output to the console from any of our Real-Time Targets. 

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/370622K-01/lvrtvihelp/rt_debug_strings/

You can also disable the console if there are some details you don't want to show and output using the serial write function.

Kyle Hartley
Senior Embedded Software Engineer

Message 2 of 3
(2,640 Views)

Thanks! I swear I google every possible way I could think of what you would call a custom console output string... guess I missed one.

Cheers

--------,       Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines                                           ,--------

'---   >The shortest distance between two nodes is a straight wire>   ---'

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,609 Views)