From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT System (Statemachine Measurement) Crashing/Loosing connection.

Hello all,

I got a small but big problem with my cRIo 9074 System.

The System (cRio) crashing / gives no response while running. The Problem is, that the Error is not reproducable.

Means, it crashes at different states or times. So that I dont know where exactly the problem is.

I Thought about some CPU usageProblems, but as you can see in the Project i uploaded, that the RealTime CPU indicator shows around 60% usage.

i tought about some delays in my porg. Placed one with 5ms. in the whileloop and one in the Case-Structure. But no succes with that 😕

For explanation:
You configure the Test cases you want to go throught ( at the Host VI) and start the Test by pressing StartTarget (also on the Host VI)

Then you can see, how the thest is going on on the RT.vi

Maybe, i did something wrong with the timings. cause in the NI Tutorial i read about an delay to give te CPU Time to allocate some files and cases. But I´m not confident by putting an delay into my timed loop, cause of the realtime 😉

hope somebody could help me out.

Thank you & 
Greetings

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,034 Views)

Have you checked the memory usage over time?  I would move that initialize array out of the while loop and replace the tunnels with shift registers.  I recall reading an article on NI website about how array tunnels allocates memory everytime the while loop executes.  I can't seem to find that document anymore, but if anyone knows, please confirm my statement. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,024 Views)

hello SumTumWong,

thank you for the informations.

i put the initialize array out of the loop, and looked up the free memory. Seems quite good for the memory...RTMem.Block says 72517760 available bytes.

But loosing connection in the Test1 State, and at this point i have still the 72517760 bytes free......

unbelivable...still think that the delay plays some role in that. Had an delay of 10ms and the problem occured not so often as now....

something else in mind ??

Added a picture of the code, maybe someone sees more....

Thanks again a lot

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,014 Views)

Aside from software (since the memory and cpu seems ok), did you check the hardware? Try swapping out the cable in case the cable might be glitchy.  Also, check the firewall settings to make sure it is not causing the drop out.  I also assume that you are connecting over Ethernet.  How do you have your network card configured?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,001 Views)