LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT System Session Stops Updating

Would anyone have an idea why an RT System Session would stop updating only the Total Physical Memory and Free Memory properties?  I have a (Very complex) system which reports its memory and disk.  This morning, I noticed it had stopped updating only the memory values (Disk values were updating properly).  So I wrote this:

Untitled.png

To see if what I was seeing was real.  This also showed no updates to the physical memory values.  When I restarted the RT controller (PXIe-8135RT, LV2016 RT), it started to update properly (This has been working for almost two years without issue).

Very weird...

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,255 Views)

Was the physical memory frozen for long periods of time? Could it be that the total physical memory was not changing during that time period? 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,211 Views)

No, I can't imagine that would be the case.  My system seemed to be operating fine otherwise during this situation.  I could start and stop acquisition tasks, record to disk, generate logs, receive and transmit CCC/CVT, etc...

Normally, when I do those operations, I watch the RT memory to make sure there's no slow leakage (Slow downward ramp in memory availability).  The second to second memory generally fluctuates a little, especially when starting and stopping DAQmx tasks.  During this issue though, no memory changes reported at all.  Only once I rebooted the RT system did it start reporting again.

I'm going to keep a watch out for this.  It's a bit disconcerting...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,207 Views)