From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT - Project Organization - Folders - Bioreactor

See the attached.

What does the bitmap image on the folders in the bioreator project mean and how did they get there?

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 11
(2,768 Views)

Russ,

The little camera means these are "autopopulating" folders.

As you add files to these folders, they will automatically show up in your project.

The folder properties can be changed via the right-click menu.

steve

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help the forum when you get help. Click the "Solution?" icon on the reply that answers your
question. Give "Kudos" to replies that help.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 11
(2,747 Views)

so what are the advantages and disadvantages of autopopulating folders?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 11
(2,712 Views)

I believe these two papers may help clarify your question:

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361D-01/lvhowto/adding_folders_project/

http://zone.ni.com/reference/en-XX/help/371361J-01/lvconcepts/using_project_folders/

I hope this helps!

National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 11
(2,689 Views)

Where is this Files page of the Project Explorer window?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 11
(2,678 Views)

In the Project Explorer window if you head down directly beneath the Save icons there is a tab called Files. Click on that.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 11
(2,673 Views)

I still don't get the benefit of auto-populating folders. Maybe you have a demonstration video?

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 11
(2,652 Views)

If you don't see the benefit - then don't use them. If you'd find yourself in need of auto-populating folders, then you'll know where to find them, simple as that 😉

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 11
(2,642 Views)

Maybe I should rephrase that. I don't understand the benefit of auto-populating the folders. Maybe looking at the Bioreactor example, why do you think the programmer chose to use them?

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 11
(2,628 Views)
Auto-populating folders keep the file structure in the project synchronized with the file structure on disk. Sometimes that's desirable and sometimes it's not. My guess is that in this case that's what the programmer wanted.
0 Kudos
Message 10 of 11
(2,621 Views)