From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Network Stream Error -314000

Hello everybody,

I am attempting to stream data from an RT target on a sbRIO-9637 to the host PC and display it as a 3D scatter plot. I seem to have an issue with the network stream feature, since I get Error -314000 as soon as I call the "Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint" function in the Stream Writer1 vi on the RT target. The error suggests the following:

LabVIEW cannot load the ni_nwstreams library. If you are using a desktop computer, you might need to repair your LabVIEW installation or reinstall LabVIEW or the LabVIEW Run-Time Engine. If you are using an RT target, verify that you installed the network streams feature with Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX).

I have tried repairing the LabVIEW and LabVIEW Run-Time installations, but I have not yet taken the nuclear option of uninstalling and reinstalling. The last sentence of the error is a bit of a mystery to me, so if anyone has a suggestion for how to check the network streams installation I would be glad to hear it.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,827 Views)

For the last part of the error message the network stream features are an install option when deploying software to the sbRIO. One suggestion would be to reformat the sbRIO and then deploy a clean version of the software from MAX.

Alternatively if that doesn't work you can try doing a Force reinstall on your Windows software. It takes some time however its slightly less painful than a complete uninstall and reinstall. Details on how to do it are below:
http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/8F3BC98AEDD0F3C88625801E006FAA33

I would start with the runtime reinstall first and then the full dev if that doesn't work.

Certified LabVIEW Architect, Certified Professional Instructor

CLA CPI

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,817 Views)

Thanks for the advice. I reformatted the sbRIO and reinstalled the software, including the network streams function. The vi no longer returns an error, but instead just gets stuck at the "Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint" function and does not go on. I will try a force reinstall next.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,795 Views)

Try wiring a constant to the "Create Network Stream Writer Endpoint". Because you are not getting an error, I suspect the function is waiting for connect with the reader, but the reader has not been created/isn't ready to connect. 

Use the timeout value to ensure that it's a timeout because we can't connect to the reader, and check to ensure your reader is being created correctly. 

Here's a great resource on network streams as well: http://www.ni.com/white-paper/12267/en/ 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,765 Views)

Good suggestion, DahlmanR.

I added a timeout of 100ms to the reader or writer endpoints, and I got error 314004, which suggests the endpoints are not finding each other.

I tried several variations of labelling url's, and finally I got it to work by naming the writer url using the IP address of the board, without naming the reader url on the writer endpoint creator, and adding a 5000ms timeout on the reader to give me time to open the writer. Seems to work, especially after removing the timeouts from both endpoint creators.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,751 Views)