From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT IMAQdx GigE Driver conflict

I'm currently running LabVIEW 2013 SP1 Professional Edition and have configured a desktop PC as a RT system. This i7 PC has 2 Ethernet ports on the motherboard both of which are recognised by LabVIEW.  I have additionally installed IMAQdx 4.3.5.3.0 as my RT application requires IMAQdx GigE Vision Camera Support. After installation of the LabVIEW software drivers and support files one can clearly see both under MAX and on the screen connected to the RT PC, that some sort of driver conflict exits between the Intel i1000e driver the nigev driver. See attached files "MAX_Intel1000e 5_1_0.jpg" and "Terminal_Intel1000e 5_1_0.jpg". Although there is only 2 Ethernet adapters on this RT PC, 3 are displayed under MAX with eth1 and eth2 having the same MAC address.

Rolling back the "Intel 1000e Ethernet Driver 5.1.0" to "Intel 1000e Ethernet Driver 5.0.0" under MAX seems to resolve this issue (See attached file "MAX_Intel1000e 5_0_0.jpg") but unfortunately this does not resolve another issue which is the intermittent TCP/IP comms we are experiencing with our camera connected to the second Ethernet port "eth1.  Occasionally after starting up the RT PC comms with the camera is not established. This seems to be a low level driver issue as one can halt the application running on the RT PC and run the LabVIEW development environment without this error clearing.

I have also experience similar issues with Ethernet port communications with various devices on the NI PXIe-8135 controller except in this case the driver conflict was not displayed under MAX. This issue could be resolved by uninstalling IMAQdx as our application running on this specific PC did not require IMAQdx GigE Vision support.

Both of the above issues have been reported and demonstrated to our local agent a while back and we expected that these would have been resolved in

LabVIEW 2015 which is not the case.

I would appreciate any help as i urgently need to resolve this issue.

Kind regards,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(4,048 Views)

I am struggling with the same issue.

I have a PXI -1078e chassis, with a PXIe-8135 controller, which is running LabVIEW RT 2013

The chassis also contains 2x PXIe-8234 dual Gigabit ethernet interface, to connect 4 GigE cameras.

I also experience the camera disconnecting issue. I open MAX and (with no RT app running),

I can see cameras disappearing and reappearing in the MAX-list.

I have tried several driver versions (IMAXdx 13 and IMAQdx 15, several PXI slot locations, but not resolved so far.

I also need to solve this quickly.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(4,017 Views)

I forgot to mention:

In a previous (very similar) setup, I experienced the same issue (camera disconnecting).

I was able to solve it by upgrading IMAQdx RT from v13 to v14.5.

In my current setup, I now have IMAQdx RT 15, and I am again experiencing these issues.

Am downloading 14.5 now for downgrading. Keep fingers crossed...

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(4,008 Views)

Tried IMAQdx RT 14.5 and still have the same driver conflict.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(3,973 Views)

I also just downgraded to 14.5.

Seems a lot better. No camera disappearing anymore up till now.

Will keep you posted.

Have you tried :

-switching PCI-slot positions

- deleting configuration data from MAX

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(3,965 Views)

Thomas are u running RT on a standard desktop PC or a PXIe PC?  Grasping at straws at the moment but what version of the boot have you loaded onto your RT PC?

I'm also experiencing the camera's appearing and disappearing under MAX.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(3,961 Views)

Hi,

I am running a PXI RT setup :

I have a PXI-1078e chassis, with a PXIe-8135 controller, which is running LabVIEW RT 2013

The chassis also contains 2x PXIe-8234 dual Gigabit ethernet interface, to connect 4 GigE cameras.

See config below :

New Bitmap Image.jpg

Thomas.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(3,952 Views)

Don't know if it 'll help,

but I am using AVT-cameras.

Reading up on their documentation, I've also changed the packet size from 8000 to 8332

(http://scorpion.tordivel.no/help/Camera%20Support/2D%20Area%20Scan/Prosilica/Default.htm)

Don't know if it matters...

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 9
(3,935 Views)

Finally found a combination of RT drivers/SW that seems works.  See attached snapshot of MAX RT S/W loaded onto my RT system. Found that following versions of the drivers/S/W had to be used in order to get my camera to operate reliably:

"Intel 1000e Ethernet Driver 5.0.0",

"NI-IMAQdx 4.3.0.3.0" and

"LabVIEW Real-Time 13.0.0".

Allthough this is not an ideal solution, it will have to do for now.

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(3,883 Views)