cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT Get memory usage in LV 2012

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi,

the VI "RT Get Memory Usage.vi" is apparently no longer available in LabView RT 2012. The help says to go to ni.com/info and enter a Info Code but this code leads to nowhere. My question is now on how to replace this VI with a LV 2012-compliant pice of code?

Thanks for help,

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(5,403 Views)

I guess the VI you have mentioned is available only in the RT target and you will not be able to see that when you create a vi in the host, so create a Target and then create a vi and check it there. Also check whether you have installed the RT toolkit properly.

-----

The best solution is the one you find it by yourself
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 10
(5,398 Views)
Everything is installed properly and inside a target VI. It is a VI that ran previously on LabView RT 2011. I can still see the SubVI in LV RT 2012 but it is grayed out and the help information on the SubVI states that the function ia deprecated and that the NI website gives more information about that which it unfortunately does not.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(5,373 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author fuchur

The RT Get Memory Usage has now been replaced by the function contained in the System Configuration API.  You can find the replacement function by browsing to RT Utilities >> System Configuration >> RT Software >> System Node.  Drop this node in your code, left-click on it and browse to System Resources.  There you should be able to find all of the functions that were previously contained in the RT Get Memory Usage vi.

Message 4 of 10
(5,345 Views)

Hi Kyle,

that did the trick, thank you for helping!

Christoph

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(5,300 Views)

The properties seems to be there, but from the "System Resources:Largest Available Memory Block" I always get zero on my cRIO-9073 application. Any idea why?

BTW: it looks like they have started to show it in kB, not bytes as previous. Also, it is now represented in double type, without showing the decimals. A bit strange...

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(5,237 Views)

I'm experiencing the same issue with the sbRIO-9636 and LabVIEW 2012 -- Largest Avail. Memory Block returns 0.  Has this issue been solved?  Prior to reading the LAMB, I read the Serial Number, and that value is correctly returned, so I'm fairly certain I have the System Session opened correctly.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(4,855 Views)

Thanks for this,  I found that opening the session to local host took a couple of seconds so I made sure I only did it once in a loop.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(4,580 Views)

Did someone has used this "System Hardware" Property Node in cRIO 9068? I need to create some code based on the Memory usage but this node apparently seems not to work with this RT target (ERR -2147467263)

Regards,

Alberto

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(4,463 Views)

Thanks a lot.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 10
(3,816 Views)