From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

LabVIEW

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT - 1055 property node error

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all

I'm currently developing an RT application on LabView 2014 SP1 that is composed by three parts:

• A PC vi that read data and sends to RT target;
  • A RT vi running on CRio-9074 that receives data, convert to current values, and send it to current output modules. It also sends to PFGA a number of pulses to be generated.
  • A FPGA target that receives a number of pulses to be generated and then do the job through a ttl module

Things run fine when the RT vi front panel is open on the PC. This happens when I enter in debug mode on simply run the RT vi from the project explorer.  The problem started to happen when I tried to run the program without the RT vi front panel open. After some investigation, I found out that the RT application was generating an 1055 error in a stream property node. The strange thing is that it doesn't happen while the RT vi front panel is being shown on PC!

Althouth it seems to be a known issue, as I found it on NI website, It's not clear to me how I should solve the problem. Should I simply close the RT VI, open it, close it again, compile it, and then finally deploy it? Well, if this is what the workaround means, it didn't work... 

Return
Modifications to VI with Dynamic References Breaks VI with Error -1055 at Property Node
When deploying a VI that obtains a dynamic reference to a Control on a x64 Linux Real-Time target, the VI deploys successfully. After making a modification to the VI, Error -1055 is thrown from any property node attempting to access the dynamic refnum. The error states "Error -1055 occurred at Property Node..."

Workaround: Close and reopen VI.

Reported Version: 2014 SP1  Resolved Version: N/A  Added: 07/23/2015
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(5,157 Views)

A dynamic reference to a control?  That should not work anyways since an RT should not have a front panel open.  Even then, this error should not affect you since I am certain that the cRIO-9074 is not running RT Linux.

Please share your code so we can help you troubleshoot this issue.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(5,151 Views)

Copied / pasted from the LabVIEW 2015 SP1 Real-Time Module Readme:

Bug Fixes

The following items are the IDs and titles of a subset of issues fixed in the Real-Time Module. This is not an exhaustive list of issues fixed in the current version of the Real-Time Module. If you have a CAR ID, you can search this list to validate the issue has been fixed.

ID Fixed Issue
537230Modifications to a VI with dynamic references break the VI with error -1055 at any Property Node.

Have you performed the update?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(5,116 Views)

Sorry - just realized that you said you were on LV 2014.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(5,114 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Lasn

Thank you all for the help. I'm using some charts in the RT vi, and was using properties nodes to clear the history. These charts are only for monitoring the application while it is still on development, and it worked fine while I executed the RT application with it's front panel being exhibited on PC screen. In the moment I let it to be executed only in the CRio, it started to crash and throwing the error 1055. I removed the properties nodes as they're not essential and everything is working fine.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(5,099 Views)